1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Centralia, Wash.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wasn't taking a shot at you, just pointing out that Centralia isn't the same as what the PNW is advertised as.

Beautiful country, though. And a good location between the two cities.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I knew he'd been there forever, but didn't know it had been 31 years.

Good move for Sam. I'm guessing the pay and the benefits are a bit better with the city.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so which is it? the city or the state?

5. Wallace

Wallace Guest

He got a job with the state. I was going to edit but Angola had beat me with a reply. Sorry, but to clarify, he left the Chronicle after 31 years to take a position with the State of Washington.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

doing what?

7. Wallace

Wallace Guest

I'm not sure of his exact position...but I'll post when my buddy over at the Chronicle gets back to me...

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

do you work at a newspaper?

9. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Oh, c'mon Petty ... at least do your research before asking dumb questions (and I say that with love). Read previous posts (hell, skim them) and you'll see the answer is yes.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you assume i care enough about the answer to that question to waste a minute of my life.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I didn't take it that way. I was just pointing out that there's nothing wrong with living in a rural area, as opposed to a big town. People just assume that because it's way out in the sticks that the people are pig fuckers.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Oh, how to phrase this? I say this from having lived in both places.

There are fewer racial tensions in the northwest. Less NASCAR fanaticism. It's not the Jeff Foxworthy of the rural south. Sure, there are hunters and outdoorsman, to be sure. Just a different mindset. Not sure how to put my finger on it. Sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted