1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Central Indiana

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/job-listings/1615017

Position:
    Seeking Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified

Description:
    A six-day a week daily newspaper in Central Indiana seeks an energetic, organized and committed individual to fill a full-time sports editor’s position. The sports editor will report on high school, collegiate and area club and youth sports, and will lead a sports staff that includes a sports reporter and freelance writers and photographers. Candidates should possess the ability to tell stories in print, online, through social media and with photography. Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus. Email a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to wcisportseditor@gmail.com.

2. sheath

sheath New Member

Does anyone know the publication and location for this job? Thanks!

3. Someone is getting a pink slip in their Christmas stocking.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The description of six days, one reporter and freelancers would fit the Daily Journal in Franklin but that's just a guess.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the email address stands for "west central Indiana" sports editor. That would seem to rule out Franklin.

Terre Haute fits geographically, but is seven days.

6. sheath

sheath New Member

I was thinking the same thing with the WCI. I'm not sure how often they print, but would think possibly publications in Greencastle, Brazil or maybe Sullivan

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ah, I didn't decipher the "WCI" too well. Fail.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Unless they have beefed up the staff...it's probably not Crawfordsville. Last check they were down to just an SE with a few freelancers, no reporter. But it might be them.

9. sheath

sheath New Member

Did anyone hear where the exact location is for this Central Indiana job?

Draft saved Draft deleted