1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Bozeman Daily Chronicle [Bozeman, Montana]

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KevinmH9, May 27, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You lived in Montana? Thought not.

Housing is high, extremely high, in places like Bozeman, but hey it's not as high as in Boston, so quit whining. ::) ::) ::)

2. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

Well, Michael, the job is open. Go for it.

This is just one source, of course, but it's not as if Bozeman is Hooterville in terms of housing prices:

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=45000&city1=14460&city2=14580

3. jps

jps Active Member

Yeah, Michael, have some knowledge of a situation, maybe, before coming down on all of us picky sportswriters/editors/designers/whatever.
    The cost of living in Bozeman is, in fact, incredibly high. Pretty sure I saw something about the housing market ther ein USA Today not all that long ago, even ...

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

think the SE at the globe makes $45k a year?

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

It might not be that bad for an MLB fan. If you're that far away from any market, that could mean no blacked-out games on your Extra Innings package.

---------------

I've been to Bozeman a couple times for family reunions, and I'd echo everything Mr. Welsch said about the town. If they promote from within, I'd definitely have my clips en route (assuming they fill the spot, of course).

6. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Can someone please answer the Cnockaert question?
    I worked with Jim for a decade at the Ann Arbor News, and I'm worried.

Thanks

7. junkballer

junkballer New Member

I've heard Cnockeart didn't walk away on his own. To put it plainly, I believe he was let go. I couldn't tell you anything about a reason why, but it's sure a shame to see. He's a great sports editor and an even better guy.

You can only hope he lands on his feet somewhere. And despite the high housing costs, I'm willing to bet he stays in Bozeman. It's too great of a place to leave.

8. Love_Sports

Love_Sports Member

how can no one know? anyone?

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't know shit.
    But if I ever do decide to get back into newspapers, it will be for a job like this. If they'll have me.

10. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I would love this job. And despite the fact that I'm clear across the country and I THINK (knocking on wood) I enjoy a fair amount of job security in a troubled time, this is tempting.

Montana is God's country and it's a growth area. I was fairly impressed with Missoula. Don't know Bozeman, but I hear it's also pretty country.

Portland, Ore. (and slo gin fizz) is ideal for me. But a Montana lifestyle would be nice...

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Housing in Belgrade isn't as high, is it?

A stunningly beautiful area and sharp paper.

12. Love_Sports

Love_Sports Member

any news on this opening?

Draft saved Draft deleted