1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Bad Axe, MI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, May 8, 2019.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Editor

Description:

The Huron Daily Tribune is seeking applications for a new sports editor. This is a fantastic opportunity for those with a passion for all things national, state and high school sports!

Our market loves the 10 schools in our coverage area, and they are proud of the Tribune’s fine history of covering local athletes.

The Huron Daily Tribune is a Hearst-owned newspaper, with a competitive wage and benefits package. You will be working with journalists who understand the importance of digital first, but still know how to get the daily product out to every subscriber.

We’re about two hours north of Detroit, an hour east of Bay City, and our community features Lake Huron and plenty of opportunities to kayak, boat, canoe and much more.

Applicants must have photography and pagination skills. Qualified applicants should email cover letter, resume, clips and professional references to Editor Kate Hessling at khessling@hearstnp.com.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I worked for the neighboring bi-weekly in that area and know of the schools and people there pretty well. If you have any questions, PM me or ask here and I can try to help.

3. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

I have a “bad axe” to grind with this place

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Bad Axe is a bad-ass name.
    No limit on the sheep, right?

5. Zads07

Zads07 Member

As my dad says, it's not Bad Axe, it's Nasty Hatchet.

Pure bliss of a dad joke.

Justin Rust likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted