1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor: Atlanta, Ga.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BYUSportsGuy, Jul 6, 2009.

1. eagle9857

eagle9857 New Member

I definitely would toast a beer with you on handing in your resignation at the most opportune time. Nothing like seeing their jaws drop to the floor when you do that. I think after I handed in my two-week notice, I played Martin Luther King's speech over and over on my iPod in my truck...well, just the main message of that speech..."Free at last, free at last....Thank God Almighty I'm Free At Last!"

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think this is also the place where a guy went out for lunch and faxed in his resignation.

3. I don't know about that, but I DO know of an instance in which somebody sent in his resignation to the mother ship in Marietta via e-mail after just one day on the job.

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

There was one dude, in news, who went to lunch on his first day ... never to be seen again.
    Once watched as the news editor had to fire her best friend. That was odd.
    What a place. Living in Marietta? Lots of fun. Working in Marietta? Got a lot of good work done. Working at the MDJ? Let Sartre work there for a while. He'll see what hell really is.

Draft saved Draft deleted