1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Athens (Ga.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by John Kaltefleiter, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Locked in 5... 4... 3... 2...

2. sgaleadfoot

sgaleadfoot Member

As someone who knows pretty much the entire staff in Macon very well, two things are very clear:

Daniel Shirley is not a putz and the staff isn't filled with a bunch of idiots.

David Hale's churned out a bunch of great stuff so far on the UGA beat, and I think its only the tip of the iceberg for him as far as what he'll bring to the table in the future for both Columbus and Macon.

As for Ching, he should be a great fit for Athens and do a great job at the ABH.

3. FlipSide

FlipSide Member

OK, I get it now. David Hale is a no-talent hack compared to this hidden gem of journalism that left Sports Illustrated to be the sports editor in Athens. Thank you for explaining it to me.

Listen, like I said, I don't know this Ching character and don't wish him any ill will on a promising opportunity in a great town. But Daniel doesn't have to brag about his accomplishments or explain himself to you, me or your boy.

If the guy was good enough for this job, he'd have it. Period.

But hey, he got another one. No reason to whine like a little bitch ... Move on ...

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for blowing in like a hurricane and getting this locked, Hurricane J.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.