1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor at Daily Journal (Kankakee, Ill.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KyleNabors, Feb 1, 2017.

1. KyleNabors

KyleNabors New Member

This is my current shop, which I'm leaving at the end of next week. If you have any questions, feel free to send them my way at knabors@daily-journal.com.

Job title: Sports editor

The Daily Journal in Kankakee, Ill. is seeking an innovative sports editor to lead our local sports coverage in print and online.

Located approximately one hour south of Chicago, our newspaper covers 24 high schools, a local community college and a top-ranked NAIA program at Olivet Nazarene University. The sports staff, made up of three reporters and several freelancers, is also responsible for putting together a special three-page section each day during Chicago Bears training camp.

We are looking for an editor who will grow our print and digital audiences. The right candidate isn't afraid to take chances. The editor is expected to cover events when needed and to take the lead in challenging enterprise stories, as well as supervise other reporters and freelance contributors.

The ideal candidate will also have a keen eye for talent to grow our stable of freelancers.

Knowledge of AP Style is required. Experience with web and digital media is preferred.

Interested candidates may submit a resume, cover letter and five to seven clips to Dimitrios Kalantzis, dkalantzis@daily-journal.com.

2. jla74m

jla74m Member

Dang, this one is close to my back yard!

3. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

Filled. Derrick Webb to head up this shop. Previous gig was at the Chillicothe (Ohio) Gazette, a Gannett production.

Draft saved Draft deleted