1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Anniston (Ala.) Star

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by busuncle, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Because I was raised in the south and I have an affinity for southern towns away from big metropolitan areas that maintain many of the older, small-town characteristics that you can't find anywhere near a big city.
    I've driven all over the south, and the most enjoyable drives are the ones done on the backroads that take you through the podunk towns in the middle of nowhere.

2. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

jimmy is editing a weekly in jacksonville, ala. anniston is not a bad gig at all, but lots and lots of work because of all they cover. I think they have been a fixture in apse top 10 sections for a while.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have not seen this paper in years. Back then, it was widely regarded as one of the best smaller papers in the country. Can't even recall the editor's name at the time but, man, they did one hell of a job.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

The ad has expired. Have they moved on this yet or are they in the interview process?

5. busuncle

busuncle Member

As of a few days ago, nothing new to report.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Here's a story on the Web done by National Public Radio back in May of 2006:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5373738

7. boots

boots New Member

According to information supplied on the boots pipeline, Brian Strickland was promoted to the SE. Good move and pretty much expected.

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I believe it is Bran Strickland, boots. Other than that, your information seems solid.

rb

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I really don't want to associate someone named Bran with the boots pipeline.

10. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

I guess that means that they now need an ASE.

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

ZING!

rb

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe that Beaudry guy can take it...

Draft saved Draft deleted