1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Albany Herald (Ga.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ChmDogg, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At the risk of being majorly jumped on ... Everything FlipSide said echoes what I have heard. And FlipSide is a pretty damned good journalist with a pretty damn good job.

2. Floyd

Floyd Member

Staying out of any name-calling, and saying this ONLY as a warning to those who apply, I can assure you that whoever takes the Albany job WILL WORK VERY HARD. Can't speak for LaGrange, but you won't exactly be working with a 20-person staff in Albany either. It's a grind, it's a lot of hours, and it has pretty high standards. That said, it can be very rewarding and a great launching pad.

3. FlipSide

FlipSide Member

This particular shaky journalist is leaving this alone now.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Given what you wrote in your deleted post, that's probably wise.

5. FlipSide

FlipSide Member

Thought so, too.

6. prhack

prhack Member

Ralph, I'm not going to get into a bunch of name-calling or he-said, she-said. I will say that I'm quite confident I could fill a MARTA bus with sports writers and former sports writers around the state who would vouch for Kevin's ability to handle the "daily grind." I've worked with him at two papers now (if that outs me to anyone, then so be it), and I can say without a doubt that he's one of the hardest working guys in the business. I'm sorry for the folks in Albany that things didn't work out there, but I'm sure they'll have no trouble filling the post.

As for the quality of flipside's writing (or the content of his deleted post), I have to plead ignorance to both. If the age in his profile is correct, then I doubt seriously that I've ever met him (made the jump to the dark side when he was still in diapers, professionally speaking).

Carry on.

7. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

Flip's a good journalist. Good guy too. So, can we end the meaningless banter and move on. Who's the frontrunner in Albany?

8. TheEck

TheEck New Member

I'm sure Flip is the salt of the earth. But I've been doing this way too long to let somebody take shots without responding. I don't believe there is a frontrunner right now, but I'm hopeful they'll have someone soon.

9. Leave it alone, Eck. You're going back where you want, Albany will be getting a new sports editor, me, FlipSide and you will all believe what we choose to believe. And in the end, no one else really gives a rat's pitooey.

10. prhack

prhack Member

I'm deleting what I wrote before because it was stupid. Me and Ralph are square now, and suffice it to say, I think everything has worked out for the best. Good luck, Eck! LaGrange is lucky to have you.

11. Scrubs

Scrubs Member

Damn. Name calling. Challenging someone's manhood. This has all the makings of a ninth-grade fight.

12. Oy. Can we just delete the last 10 posts and go back to before this stupid pissing contest? Good lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.