1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Director: Blitzen Media Group

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Lamar Green, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This is the name of my new band.

2. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

However well-written it might be, I for one don't like the geographic distance between the "his" and "Brett Brown." They are damn near in different time zones. The parenthetical "... impressive triumph ... wildest dreams ... " between the "his" and "Brett Brown" could have been avoided by using the parenthetical as the lead phrase.

Also, I don't like "triumph." No one talks that way. A former colleague whom I really respected shuddered at the thought of seeing that word make print.

Also don't like divining the wildest expectations of 76ers fans. Please, just the facts ... most wins since .... , exceeding their Las Vegas over/under total by ...

As you were ...

3. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

By the way. I'm willing to bet none of you would post anything under your real name. Willing to bet a million on those cookies!! You guys have mine. Now back to trolling fellas.

4. Slacker

Lamar Green, we alls will not be apart of you alls baseless attacks!!

SnarkShark and justgladtobehere like this.
  5. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

Hey what can I say Mr. Troll. Auto correct makes me laugh as well!! Better start listening to the wife and turn it off. I wouldn't want a bunch of no name internet trolls thinking different of me.

6. Slacker

Does this job pay at least $40K? If not, what is the minimum your startup venture offers?

7. Slacker

I'll think about it. Copying the number for anyone else who might be interested.

8. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

Lol. Phone still hasn't start ringing. This experience has been a disaster!!

9. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Lamar, as someone who may or may not be interested in the position on a message board, it doesn't look great when the OP/person hiring for the position is responding to supposed trollers or interested parties. It's ok to defend the position you have or your ideals but in the way you did it doesn't look good. Just trying to give some advice is all. Best of luck in your search.

twinsfan1424 and Lamar Green like this.
  10. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

You are right!! No arugment here.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If you want to apply, apply. If not, stop the trolling and PM him for questions.

Lamar Green likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.