1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Director: Blitzen Media Group

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Lamar Green, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

Come be a part of our new team!! We are looking for a sports director to handle our digital content for all national sporting news. You have the task of building our sports section into a state of the art sports section.

Work with our editor - chief on story ideas that range from features, game reports, breaking news coverage, tracking down quotes and leads on the phone and via email. Must be familiar with journalistic, and interviewing standards and practices. Must be someone who has a flexible schedule and willing to regularly communicate via email. Remote position

This is a remote position

Please email cover letter - resume to lamar@newsblitzonline.com

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

The company's named after one of Santa's reindeer?

SnarkShark and Lamar Green like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why it's a remote position. The others wouldn't let the previous job holder join in any reindeer games.

4. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

Smart guy!!

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Fascinating. Here's the start of the Reindeer Times piece re: Cavs and Sixers:

By Outdueling LeBron James And The Cavaliers, The 76ers Announced Their Arrival With Authority
    April 8, 2018 adminComment(0)

PHILADELPHIA — In the minutes after his Philadelphia 76ers pulled off a 132-130 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night, the latest impressive triumph in what has been a season that has exceeded the wildest expectations of basketball fans in the City of Brotherly Love, Coach Brett Brown stood at the podium inside Wells Fargo Center trying to recount exactly what the past few hours had been like.

And here's a story on the game from something called the Washington Post:

By outdueling LeBron James and the Cavaliers, the 76ers announced their arrival with authority

By Tim Bontemps April 7 Email the author
    In the minutes after his Philadelphia 76ers pulled off a 132-130 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night, the latest impressive triumph in what has been a season that has exceeded the wildest expectations of basketball fans in the City of Brotherly Love, Coach Brett Brown stood at the podium inside Wells Fargo Center trying to recount exactly what the past few hours had been like.

I wondered why the Reindeer Times piece had no byline when it appeared to be so well written. And then I clicked on the link for an NBA podcast and was immediately directed to this thing known as the Washington Post. Fascinating how great minds think alike.

pseudo and Dog8Cats like this.
  6. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

Are you serious? Trolling for what reason? Maybe I missed something here? Our web developer put some articles up earlier today in a few sections to give us an example of how things would look. Nothing more and nothing less. Honestly I'd forgotten they were still up!! So I have no clue what your motive is here but I do suggest you move along. Trolling message boards looking for trouble is not my cup of tea!!

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm going to give you a bit of advice here. If you're going to use text for the purposes of place-holding, type gibberish. Or write your own words. Don't take somebody else's copyrighted stuff. Not a good look.

You placed an ad here seeking, I presume, quality candidates. Nowhere in your post did you say the site was not ready for public inspection. Although I am not a candidate, I acted as a curious person might. I checked out your site to get a handle on what it might seek or require. I have an interest in such things. Is there money to be made ethically and permissibly as an aggregator? It's a valid 21st century question.

I had no intentions of becoming an Internet cop. But when I saw well written copy without a byline, I wondered. And so I cut and pasted the first paragraphs of a story into Google and voila!

This is not an example of the modern art of trolling; it is, rather, a textbook case of a game that dates back to the ancient Greeks: Blame The Messenger.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Lamar, what do you pay? What is your established salary range for this Sports Director position?

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

You may have a vaild point, if we were promoting this article sir. No were in the add did we promote our website. You wanted to troll, so you copied the last part of my email address and went to our website. You have a right to do so!! Might I suggest if you have any more concerns or advice to just apply with us. But I'm not going back and forth. I made sure the articles were removed, and I also sent Tim a text. Do I now have the approval to enjoy the remainder of my evening? I hope so!! You have a great evening, and I'll be looking for your resume.

10. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

I would love to speak with you about this position either through email or over the phone. However over a message board is not appropriate. Feel free to email me, and I will be happy to discuss with you in great detail what we have to offer.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But, before we talk, do you have a payroll account set up at a bank? What is that bank's phone number?

12. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

Once again if you want to troll that's fine. But I will not be part of you alls baseless attacks!! Only time will tell how long will be around. Best wishes to you my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.