1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Direct Inc. looking for freelance college basketball writers

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by SDI college editor, Oct 25, 2010.

1. SDI college editor

SDI college editor New Member

Sports Direct Inc., a sports content provider for media outlets throughout the world, is looking for freelance college basketball writers.

SDI provides stats, photos, game previews and recaps, and a variety of other editorial content for approximately 250 clients. We will be covering the six major conferences and any teams ranked in the Top 25 for the upcoming college basketball season.

We are particularly looking freelance writers located in western regions, but all interested parties should feel free to contact us.

Our game previews are 400 to 500 words and recaps 150 to 250 words. No quotes or on-site coverage required. Previews are due 5 p.m. EST the day before the game. Recaps are due 10 minutes after a game is completed.

Pay is based off a bulk rate, starting at $30 per preview and $15 per recap.

If interested, please contact college editor David Purdum at dpurdum@sportsdirectinc.com with a one-paragraph bio that includes where you are located, which teams you’re most connected to and a little about your experience.

Check out our Sports Direct Inc. and out clients and partners here: http://sportsdirectinc.com/our-clients.html

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'll vouch for SDI and for David. If you need to make a few extra bucks while sitting around watching college hoops, you can do a lot worse. SDI always pays promptly, and everyone involved is extremely professional.

3. SDI college editor

Ladies and gentlemen ... I've received great response to the ad and just wanted to let everyone know that I'm sifting through the applicants presently. I'll begin replying later in the week.

Appreciate everyone's interest ... DP

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

What's up with this?

5. Brucewells62

Brucewells62 New Member

I heard back and was told they had all the ACC writers that they needed. If you guys are able to cover other conferences perhaps you will get the gig.

6. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

I got this same message. bummer. but a very fast response.

7. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

I heard nothing and I have wire service and preview writing experience.

8. adamdadkins

adamdadkins New Member

I haven't either. Sort of a bummer.

9. nmsports

nmsports Member

I heard back immediately and he said he was wading through a large batch of inquiries.

10. SDI college editor

Hi, guys ... my apologies to those of you who expressed interest, but I failed to reply. I tried to answer as many of the approximately 100 applicants as I could.

While I've pretty much got my roster set, I did save everyone's email so if (when) someone jumps ship, I'll have a good batch of candidates to contact.

Best of luck everyone ... David Purdum

Draft saved Draft deleted