1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports designer/writer, Jackson Citizen Patriot

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Chris Iott, Oct 6, 2006.

1. WSKY

WSKY Member

I think you forgot the mighty Michigan Center Cardinals and powerful Vandercook Lake Jayhawks. I think they lead the state in teenage pregnancy.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yes, but NOT as a beat. The daily stories come out of Ann Arbor.

3. If you looking for a job, give this one strong consideration, simply because of who you would be working for. Chris is a great. He's a solid SE and sincerely cares about the product. I knew him back when I was just a pup back in Adrian (Mich.) and he helped steer me in the right direction.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ever been to Willow Run? Not even close...

Chris, are you related to Denny?

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Last I saw, this job called for someone to write as well. And it's somewhat hard to edit and design "simultaneously," but these days most "editor"/design positions call for multitasking, which often leads to shortcuts with the editing.

6. Chris Iott

Chris Iott New Member

It was a pleasure working with Jason Haupricht. It would be a pleasure to work with flyonthewall. Jim Carty? It would be a pleasure to buy him a beer. ;D

7. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Sandy Petykiewicz still there? I'm not sure I trust any of the Petties.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not 100 percent sure, but I don't think she's been there for a few years now.

9. Buck Hill

Buck Hill New Member

Sandy is still there, it's just that she used to be the editor and is now the publisher.

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

As Sparky Anderson said, "If you don't like Chris Iott, you don't like ice cream." Or words to that effect.

11. Thinking Man

Thinking Man Member

No, no Crusoes. It was George Kell. Kell said, "If you don't like Chris Iott, you don't like people."

Draft saved Draft deleted