1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports designer - The Star-Ledger in Newark NJ

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MarkMiller, Feb 22, 2011.

1. MarkMiller

MarkMiller New Member

The Star-Ledger in Newark New Jersey is looking for a page designer.

I don't know if you've ever been here, but New Jersey is a lot more than Snooki and the Sopranos. We do have beaches, bouffants and the Bada Bing. We also have the country's best Sports market; home to the Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Devils, Rangers, Rutgers, Seton Hall and even MLS soccer. We also have the NCAA East Regional tournament literally around the corner in just a few weeks and the Super Bowl coming to our backyard in 2014. Every season we're following some pro team into the playoffs.

As for the newspaper, we're one of the country's biggest and reach a half-million readers each day. While newspapers are struggling, we're hiring savvy young journalists and building for the future. We're very committed to strong visuals. No more five-story page one for us. We believe we'll succeed by turning out magazine-quality work seven days a week, and we aim to look nothing like old gray newspapers of the past. You can get a taste for what we do on http://sportsdesigner.blogspot.com/, a website run by our award-winning Assistant Sports Editor Dan Worthington.

If you are interested, email me at mmiller@starledger.com with a resume and include a link to an online portfolio if possible. Thanks.

2. I always bring home stacks of this paper when I visit family in New Jersey for a few days every couple years, and I have always been impressed with the presentation. Looks like a pretty awesome place for a creative designer to do some cool stuff.

3. MarkMiller

MarkMiller New Member

Just a bump, because I'm still looking.

4. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Did someone get hired at some point?

Draft saved Draft deleted