1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports designer/copy editor -- The Bellingham (Wash.) Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by David Rasbach, May 14, 2007.

1. WSKY

WSKY Member

Nope, I know no one in this industry. I'm just a troll.

2. David Rasbach

David Rasbach New Member

All candidates will be considered, regardless of previous experience. The pay scale will depend on previous experience and skills.

3. Thanks for keeping us updated David.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Give this job a good thought. David's good people, he's won APSEs, and he can eat the hell out of pizza. But as far as poker goes, he's an unknown, so caveat operor.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, a person could supplement their income?

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Heard there may be some movement on this one toward the end of June.

7. WSKY

WSKY Member

Do tell, Mr. Angola.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I told what I know. I don't feel comfortable naming it until the job is theirs.

9. Any update on this one?

10. I left there 10 years ago, when it was a Gannett paper. Happiest day of my work life. Love the town. Hated the paper.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Dave is good people -- conscientious, hard-working and someone who is open to good ideas across the board. You'll learn a lot from him, especially on design work, because Dave's a damn good designer -- one of the best I've worked with.

Can't speak for his poker skills, or lack thereof, FB, since even though I worked with him in a past life, the cards didn't get dealt. So it is caveat emptor.

If you do get this job, do make it a point to ask him about his Farmington stories. Hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted