1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports designer/copy editor, Fayetteville (N.C.) Observer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Todd M. Adams, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Todd M. Adams

Todd M. Adams Member

The Fayetteville Observer seeks a page designer/copy editor for our universal desk who will work primarily in sports. The ideal candidate will have desk experience in all sections, command of grammar and AP style, and a knowledge of sports. Strong copy-editing skills are a must, including sharp headline writing. Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a plus. Our 55,000- circulation paper consistently wins statewide awards for design, and we place a high priority on creative, eye-catching section fronts as well as inside pages. Fayetteville is located between the Atlantic coast and Raleigh. Independently owned, we cover Fort Bragg, one of the nation's largest Army bases, and a 10-county region. Send a resume and work samples to Assistant Managing Editor Bobby Parker at parkerb@fayobserver.com or P.O. Box 849, Fayetteville, NC 28302. The Fayetteville Observer is an equal opportunity employer.

PM me with questions
    Todd

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Todd - will they fill this now wait until your replacement is named?
    And congrats on the Orlando gig.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Or was someone promoted in Fayetteville from this job posting to Todd's spot?

And congrats.

4. Todd M. Adams

Todd M. Adams Member

No, the designer job came open on Friday and I was informed about Orlando today. While the person will be doing mostly sports, they will be a direct report to the AME, Bobby Parker, who runs the universal desk. So I think they'll go forward looking for a hire at the same time as they search for my replacement.

And thanks. I'm very excited.

Todd

Draft saved Draft deleted