1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports designer--Chicago Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Kellams, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Kellams

Kellams New Member

We don't work that way. If it's your night to design the cover, you design it. And that opportunity is spread equally among our designers.

We do tend to get some help on special sections from our pals in the Grafix Department but that's mainly a result of the workload for our regular crew. It's not a must and certainly something we can adjust to if someone had an interest in doing something else.

But, in the day-to-day, if you work here, you do the guts and the glory.

Mike

2. Kellams

Kellams New Member

Hi gang. We've finally got a little news.

We have hired a Sports designer. Chad Merda from the Daily Southtown will start with us on Monday. Chad is a local kid, went to Eastern Illinois and has worked in the area for the entirety of his career. And he's a damn fine designer. We're excited to have him.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest. I've kept all the materials on file and, as I said in the notes to applicants, you never when something might open up.

Mike

3. And his car gets 118 miles per gallon!
    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/beaconnews/business/518082,2_3_AU21_VEGEFUEL_S1.article

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

DyePack's balls just dropped and he doesn't know why.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Don't know his work, but that's quite the leap to the Trib Tower from the Southtown.

6. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

I saw Chad's work online at newspagedesigner.com. The guy's very solid, has done some great stuff. Congrats, Chad.

7. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Congrats. A paper I'd love to end up at someday.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Need to get me one of those.

Draft saved Draft deleted