1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Debates and Olympic Coverage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Luke.Gurrey, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Luke.Gurrey

Luke.Gurrey New Member

Hey guys, only 2months ago, on the recommendation of a journalist friend I progressed my written blog into a vLog, and more recently a website. The vlog can be found here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JeVqgB4rQw&feature=plcp

while the website, which contains all videos and write ups is;

www.doubletakedebate.com

I was hoping from some feedback from those of you that are looking to work in the field, as well as possibly working together as a way to help each other out.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

someone explain to me what's going on here? We've been bot removal happy and I don't want to jump the gun.

Here's a bit of feedback: From those of you WHO work in the field. People are not that. They are who.

Woo hoo.

3. Luke.Gurrey

Luke.Gurrey New Member

So your feedback was of what help? Thank you for taking the time out to contribute in such a constructive way.

Anybody else?

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Mouthing off to the guy in charge of the board. S-M-R-T.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Luke,

There are so many blogs and vlogs out there right now, it's become all background noise. It's like talk radio. Used to be interesting. Now any yahoo with a camera and internet connection can do one, so it's like taking a dump. Who cares?

Unless you are breaking some new ground somehow, I really could care less what your opinion is about Jerry Sandusky/Olympic badminton/steroids in baseball/gay marriage and Chick-Fil-A or whatever. It's all just noise.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Mark,

What about putting a vLog on pInterest. Cool with that?

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Do what you will. Far too many other things screaming for my attention at the moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted