1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor, Utica, NY

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Observer-Dispatch, a 40,000-circulation daily in Utica, N.Y., is looking for a sports copy editor to join its sports team.

The successful candidate will be a Web-savvy editor with strong word editing and page design experience.

Sports copy editors at the O-D fill a number of roles, and staff members should be prepared to take scores, update the Web, assist the sports team editor, and occasionally write stories. In short, we're looking for a well-rounded journalist to fill this job. Experience in sports journalism is a must.

Utica is a great sports town. The O-D’s coverage includes prep athletics and college sports, including major sports at Syracuse University. A PGA Tour event comes to the area in September. And Cooperstown is only 35 miles from downtown Utica.

Observer-Dispatch editing alumni populate some of the finest newsrooms in the country, and those who choose to put down roots here enjoy four distinct seasons, the incredible natural beauty of the Adirondacks and a short drive to major cities.

We want to act quickly. Please send a cover letter, resume and work samples to Pamela Holmes, newsroom administrator, at pholmes@uticaod.com.

2. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

pm me with any questions

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Is the semi-pro football team still known as the Utica Yard Dogs?

4. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Not sure, but I heard Stanley Hudson's agreement to take the job in the Utica branch was just a bluff for more money from Scranton.

5. dworthington

dworthington New Member

What's the ratio of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks?

6. matimt20

matimt20 New Member

Has anyone heard anything about this position?

7. BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit Member

Did they get the Syracuse game in?

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

At 1:30 in the morning?

9. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I am Ron Burgandy?

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Just because I never have: You're hired!

11. matimt20

matimt20 New Member

Haha, I'll start packing!

12. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Sounds like they aren't going to be able to fill this after all.

Draft saved Draft deleted