1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor/page designer, Green Bay Press-Gazette

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by PP and K, Jul 5, 2008.

1. PP and K

PP and K New Member

Posted last week ...

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=943912

The Green Bay Press-Gazette, Wisconsin's third largest daily, seeks an experienced sports copy editor/page designer who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The successful candidate will be good with words, have excellent computer skills and an eye for design. The job includes desk work on content related to the Green Bay Packers, including special sections. Bachelor's degree and previous related work experience required. Experience with QuarkXpress and Web-related experience preferred. Send cover letter, 3 to 5 examples of your page designs and resume to: Executive Editor John Dye, Green Bay Press-Gazette, P.O. Box 23430, Green Bay, WI, 54305-3430, or send material in an e-mail to jdye@greenbaypressgazette.com. The Green Bay Press-Gazette, a Gannett newspaper, is committed to diversity and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My mother always said if I can't say anything nice...

Blessed be the haunch that takes this job. If you don't like to smile and hate yourself...this would be the job for you.

Ooops, guess I broke my mother's law. :)

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I like to hate myself and smile -- is that the same thing?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

If so, we're both qualified, Joe.

5. ballcoach

ballcoach New Member

You know, Favre could do this job while carrying that clipboard.

6. arnold ziffel

arnold ziffel Member

Just curious as to why this is considered such a bad job?

7. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

I'm going to guess that people will say "Gannett", but it appears to be a fairly solid job, depending on your situation.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Know nothing about the job itself, but I will offer this: You ever been in Green Bay, Monday through Saturday, from October through March? Cutting some slack for football Sundays, there isn't much left but frozen tundra the rest of the time.

Oh, wait, there are taverns.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Speaking as someone who once lived there, it's a nice area in which to raise a family.

If you're youngish and single, and your idea of fun ranges beyond dinner and a movie, forget it.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Washington Ave. in downtown GB and College Ave. in Appleton aren't that bad.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

What if all you do in your spare time is play Guitar Hero?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You're hired!

Draft saved Draft deleted