1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor/page designer -- Fargo, N.D./Moorhead, Minn.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

From APSE:

Date posted: 3/19/2007
    Newspaper: The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead, N.D.
    Job listing: Sports Copy Editor/Page Designer

The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead, an award-winning 50,000 circulation daily newspaper located in Fargo, N.D., is looking for a full-time sports copy editor/page designer to join its night sports desk.

Fargo is home to three colleges, including NCAA Division I North Dakota State, and a host of area high schools. The Forum sports section was voted in the top 10 by by APSE in 2004. It's our goal to return there and stay for years to come.

Job duties include editing staff, wire copy and designing sports covers and inside pages using Quark Xpress. Photoshop skills are a plus, but not required. Night and weekend work is required. Competitive salary and benefits.

To apply, please send resume, cover letter, references and examples of your best work by e-mail to jmiller@forumcomm.com or by regular mail to:

Jason Miller
    Sports Editor
    The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead
    P.O. Box 2020
    Fargo, ND 58107-2020

Deadline is April 15, 2007.

2. Again? Did they not fill it the last time?

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It got cold.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i wish i lived in moorhead.

5. Sorry, TP. Had to do it. :D

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i woulda done the same if the shoe were on the other foot, my friend.

now i only can sit and wait until a thread surfaces concerning morehead city, n.c., to exact my revenge.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

fargo is not a fun town.

i haven't seen a hard copy of the forum in at least five years but being voted in the top 10 in north dakota isn't saying much. your legit competition for awards - as far as major in-state newspapers - is a slim list.

8. Leo1,

They were an APSE top 10. That's a national award, not a state award.

9. Good paper, good people. Fargo isn't a bad town, but it's a long way from everywhere.

100 degrees in the summer and -30 in the winter. If you can handle those extremes, go for it, because this is a good job.

10. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

What with global warming and all, Jimmy Buffett might end up moving his cafe to Fargo.

Draft saved Draft deleted