1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor, New York Post

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Hello, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Hello

Hello New Member

Any thoughts on this one posted a couple of weeks ago?

Company: New York Post
    Position: Seeking Sports Copy Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: October 31, 2007
    Job ID: 391903

Description:
    Major metropolitan daily in New York City is looking for a sports copy editor experienced in delivering sharp tabloid headlines and copy under deadline pressure.

Need aggressive, creative thinker who can enhance page presentation with bright words and graphic content. Layout and design skills a must.

E-mail resume to Sportsjob@nypost.com.

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

For a copy editor the NY Post is the pinnacle. Their ethically-challenged reporting aside, the Post has great headlines-cutlines, deck heads you name it. I wouldn't bother applying if you're a lightweight, I'm sure when it comes to copy editors they can and usually do get the best of the best.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I would cut off an arm, a leg and lose virtually any other body part to someday work at the NYP.

Just wanted to say it.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

I hear it doesn't pay nearly as much as needed to have a reasonable standard of living in NYC.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've heard the same thing. I've also heard some unflattering things about the SE.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'd also be willing to sell said body parts for spare change to purchase paper to burn for heat.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wouldn't it be hard to work missing those limbs?

8. Shark_Juumper

Shark_Juumper Member

Twice I've worked with a one-armed guy. They got along better than fine. Both were crabby bastards, though.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Work smarter, not harder.

10. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

I wouldn't surrender anybody parts, but I'd LOVE to work there a week (I could never live in NY), just for the chance to write classics like "Headless body found in topless bar."

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Whoretastic is my favorite word. And I'm pretty sure I could use that in a hed at the NYP.

Oh wait! Combining in another of my favorite parts of the NYP...

Whoreta$tic.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You were in Def Leppard? Cool!

Draft saved Draft deleted