1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor, Marietta, Ga.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Feb 26, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Hell to the fuck to the no. But if they're paying, and I don't think they are, then by all means go.

2. Money007

Money007 Guest

I am up for this position, working my way up from a weekly. Obviously, the general thought on this job is needles to the eyes. But can you guys give me some specifics for why to stay away? The place I'm at has enough negatives to drive me anywhere. I would just like to compare and contrast. Thanks.

3. boots

boots New Member

Compare and contrast? Are you stupid or just trying to pretend that you are stupid. Read the posts. They don't lie. I don't like slamming people but the facts are the facts. These people are bad news. If you go. You go at your own risk. You will get used and abused and paid very little for the privilege.
    I hope this helps.
    boots

4. Money007

Money007 Guest

Did you used to work there, boots?

5. boots

boots New Member

No

6. Money007

Money007 Guest

The only reason I'm interested is because it sounds like it pays more than I get now and its a daily. The whole "Are you stupid?" thing was a little over the top. Just looking for some advice, not to get insulted.

7. boots

boots New Member

Wasn't over the top. It was a warning. You read what others said. Yet, you still wonder if it was a good job? Come on now? Were you on the little yellow bus or something. We weren't trying to insult you but you asked a question that was answered many times over.

8. Yet when your "best friend" Aaron takes the job at the Trentonian, you sing an entirely different tune. Good lord, you're a fucking hypocrite. And unbelievably full of shit.

9. boots

boots New Member

Ellis get grip. You've been riding my jock too tough and its beginning to chafe. I never said Aaron was a best friend or even a friend. And as far as being a hypocrite, there's a lot more to the Trentonian sports section that the MDJ. If you'd seen both sections, and I doubt that you have, you wouldn't disagree. Then again, just to be an ass, you probably would.

10. The Ellis Redding pipeline reports boots doesn't know shit, so take his "advice" with a grain of salt.

11. boots

boots New Member

Money please pardon Ellis. He doesn't know any better.
    If you are at a weekly, it is a move up for you. No question about it. Just be very careful. It is not a good place to work. You don't want to be there long. You will work hard and not be paid very well and abused by management. All of this has been documented. Good luck.
    -boots

12. Nope, I have little knowledge of the Marietta Daily Journal. But neither do you. You hold yourself up as omniscient, when you're just full of shit. The only reason I'm here is to point out your hypocrisy in browbeating this kid for expressing an interest in this job, when you jumped on others who were doing the same on the Trentonian thread.

The one thing I do know is the MDJ has a distinct advantage over the Trentonian -- you will not have to work with Bob Jelenic and Matt DiRienzo.

So just do everyone a favor and go away, boots. No one here buys into your bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted