1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor, Idaho Press-Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Phil, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Phil

Phil New Member

I just posted this today on APSE, so I thought I’d drop it here as well.

We had one of our guys move on and now we are looking to replace him by mid-August.

If anyone wants more info (listing is below), feel free to contact me.

Sports copy editor, Nampa, Idaho
    The Idaho Press-Tribune seeks a copy editor to fill out its six-person sports department.
    The Press-Tribune is a growing daily newspaper, just 20 miles west of Boise, the home of four minor-league pro teams, Boise State University, two small colleges, 22 high schools and Idaho’s great outdoors.
    Candidates must be able to juggle a variety of tasks as well as design high-quality sports pages using InDesign as well as be able to write the occasional gamer or feature as needed.
    We are an award-winning daily newspaper in one of the Northwest’s fastest-growing areas. A journalism degree (or equivalent experience) and design skills are a must.
    Life in the Treasure Valley is nearing 600,000 people offers a wide range of activities, including: Multiple ski resorts within short driving range, hunting and fishing, a vibrant nightlife, some of the best hiking, mountain biking, rafting and camping destinations in the country and numerous top-notch golf courses.
    Please send e-mail cover letter and three best design samples to pdailey@idahopress.com.
    Web site: idahopress.com

2. ccraker

ccraker Guest

Phil is good people and this is a good place for a younger person looking to get their break into the business.

Pay isn't awful, or at least it wasn't. Plus, unlike the paper in Boise, they aren't cutting and are actually growing, so that is a plus.

I liked living in Nampa, but if you are younger you will want to live in Boise and commute to work.

3. Glen Rosales

Glen Rosales Member

The Boise paper must be really hurting. I offered them a nice little local feature that the outdoors editor wanted. He said he'd get back to me if the powers that be OKed it, but I never heard another word. Times they be tough all over. Makes a person consider getting an honest job.

Draft saved Draft deleted