1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor, Idaho Press-Tribune, Nampa, Idaho

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

From jj.com ...

Company: Idaho Press-Tribune
    Position: Sports Copy Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: September 1, 2008
    Job ID: 957162

Description:
    The Idaho Press-Tribune seeks a copy editor to fill out its six-person sports department. The Press-Tribune is a growing daily newspaper, just 20 miles west of Boise, the home of four minor-league pro teams, Boise State University, two small colleges, 22 high schools and Idaho's great outdoors.

Candidates must be able to juggle a variety of tasks as well as design high-quality sports pages using InDesign as well as be able to write the occasional gamer or feature as needed. We are an award-winning daily newspaper in one of the Northwest's fastest- growing areas. A journalism degree (or equivalent experience) and design skills are a must.

Life in the Treasure Valley is nearing 600,000 people and offers a wide range of activities, including: Multiple ski resorts within short driving range, hunting and fishing, a vibrant nightlife, some of the best hiking, mountain biking, rafting and camping destinations in the country and numerous top-notch golf courses.

Please e-mail cover letter and three best design samples to: pdailey@idahopress.com.

2. thebigd

thebigd Member

Guys this paper is in a growing area, and Phil Dailey, the sports editor, would be a great guy to work for

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Guess they didn't get enough applicants the first time:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/58474/

Edit: They have two copy editing openings now. The first one is nearing a hire, though.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Who wants to work in that crap town?

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

The Haute has a paper. So does Butte.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks for weighing in, phil.

7. sportschick

I'm sorry. I was giving somebody a hard time. I'll make sure I don't do it again, since it seems to bug you so much.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I was just joking. But be a little more sensitive next time. That works, too. ::)

9. jps

jps Active Member

true, though ... if Butte/Anaconda can have a paper, any town can get one.

10. sportschick

Butte and Anaconda each have a paper. Anaconda's isn't a daily though.

11. jps

jps Active Member

I know ... I tend to lump them both together. Though Butte is certainly the bigger hole.

12. sportschick

I was in Butte yesterday. It hasn't changed.

Draft saved Draft deleted