1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Copy Editor / Designer, Omaha, Nebraska

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sgaleadfoot, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

311 has Grassroots, y'all
    311 has Grassroots, true

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The Steve Sinclair Era is no more?

I'll be sure to pour out some Mama Malara's in his honor.

3. jcrutchmer

jcrutchmer Guest

Sinclair indeed retired on Dec. 31.

The Mama's Malara at Pauli's was temporarily re-named in his honor.

Livingston, formerly of Myrtle Beach fame, was promoted from ASE to replace him. Dave Elsesser moved from the paper's deputy design director to the top deputy SE spot. Elsesser, in turn, wooed me from the Arizona Republic to be his design director, and I helped him woo Tim Parks from Conference Call Magazine in K.C. to be lead designer.

The current opening is a result of one of our top copy editors changing professions.

To be clear on the opening title, this is not a position in which you'll be asked to design and edit copy at the same time. Editing shifts here are strictly for editing, and our deadlines are such that you'll have time to be thorough. But if you have a design background and would like to stay sharp and/or grow in that area, that can happen, too.

4. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Omaha is awesome. it's a growing town with lots to do. Apply!

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

You know, Josh, you don't have to sign up for different names to try to woo applicants.

6. jcrutchmer

jcrutchmer Guest

If this plan doesn't work, I'm fully prepared to dance a jig.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Just put up some Omaha Steaks and a Malara's gift certificate as a signing bonus.

8. jcrutchmer

jcrutchmer Guest

Probably a more effective course of action than the jig dancing thing, anyway.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Hey, if Omaha Steaks are involved, my resume will be in the mail.

Just don't tell Strain.

10. jcrutchmer

jcrutchmer Guest

Bumping to get one more look at the top of the board before the August 14 application deadline.

Draft saved Draft deleted