1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports copy editor, Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, May 28, 2009.

1. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

Agreed, grifter. I apply everywhere I could possibly want to work, and then see who is actually interested in me. That way it's easier and faster to find a job you want than do it one at a time. If I don't get anything back or I get a rejection, I really don't care, because the worst thing that can happen to you is that they say no. Then you move on.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

At least they bothered to let you know, along the lines of what BYU said. It's no skin off my back if they don't tell me anything, but being told no won't cause me to have a breakdown either.

3. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

The only update I have for you is that Lee Cocheran himself sent me an e-mail this morning to let me know I wasn't chosen. He again talked about the overwhelming response they got to this gig, but they're moving forward.

Congrats to those that made the cut, and good luck to you!

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

What's an "overwhelming response" for a gig like this? I'm just kinda curious.

5. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

I don't know, but he did use the exact quote, "overwhelming response"

6. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I am guessing in the neighborhood of 100-plus applications.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

so, did they hire someone or are they just getting started in the process?

8. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I hear it was filled over the weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted