1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports copy editor, bridgeport, CT

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, May 3, 2006.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Connecticut Post seeks an experienced editor for the sports copy desk. The emphasis is on layout, headline writing and pagination. Two years of experience is desirable and knowledge of Quark is a must. Salary depends on experience. Regional candidates only please. Send resume to Gary Rogo, sports editor, at grogo@ctpost.com or 410 State Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

3. GeorgeScott

GeorgeScott Member

Some good papers in New England, especially Connecticut. But I don't know this one too well. Anybody know if they cover the Yankees and Red Sox? NFL? Or is it mostly UConn and high schools?

4. Fink-Nottle

Fink-Nottle New Member

They cover New York pro sports, UConn, Fairfield U., Sacred Heart U., Bridgeport SoundTigers (minor-league hockey), Bridgeport Bluefish (minor-league baseball) and high schools.

5. 20yrsinbiz

20yrsinbiz New Member

I used to live in CT and grew up reading the Post.

The paper is heavy on preps, UConn and home games for Yankees.

The paper had a nice run when Les Carpenter was there, but it looks as if corporate won't let them spend any money to cover anything outside the area.

Bridgeport isn't the greatest (or safest) place to live and housing costs in the surrounding areas are ridiculous, which explains why they are looking for regional hires.

6. boots

boots New Member

Bridgeport is definitely one of the armpits of America.

7. donaugust

donaugust Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13446325/

Bridgeport Mayor Apologizes For Use Of Cocaine

5:40 p.m. EDT June 20, 2006

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Bridgeport Mayor John Fabrizi appeared before the city of Bridgeport shortly after 10 a.m. Tuesday and tearfully apologized for his use of cocaine while in office. "Over the course of a number of years I've used alcohol and cocaine occasionally," Fabrizi said.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thank you Paul Newman. :D

Bridgeport is better than it was, which is like saying the Royals are better than they were last year. When there's nowhere to go but up, improvement is unavoidable.

Is there still talk of the paper being bought by the soul-sucking JRC bastards?

Oh, and that story about Fabrizi doing coke is priceless. Southern CT cities have great luck with crooked mayors, between Fabrizi's successor Joe Ganim (racketeering, bribery, extortion, tax fraud) and former Waterbury mayors Philip Giordano (accused of molesteing two cousins, he admitted they may have seen him having sex with a hooker) and Joseph Santopietro (spent time in prison on corruption charges, just arrested and accused of helping the mob control waste management in western CT). And the biggest crook of all, ex-governor John Rowland, is a Waterbury guy. Nutmeg pride, yeah!!!

9. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

I'd rather collect nickel returnable bottles and cans for a living than work in Bridgeport..yukk

10. boots

boots New Member

He who hasn't sinned cast the first stone.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

MediaNews owns this, right?

Any idea on the salary? I'm kinda intrigued by this one, to be honest.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't believe it's Media News. I think this is a Thompson paper.

Draft saved Draft deleted