1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor, Allentown (Pa.), The Morning Call

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wickedwritah, Aug 21, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Allentown is in a nice niche in journalism life. The people there demand and get excellent coverage from the Morning Call. They give the locals better coverage than any of the larger and more recognized papers.
    It's a good gig. Definitely has the coveted boots seal of approval. But remember, it is Allentown. It's not Philadelphia. It's not Scranton, It's not New York. In short, it is what it is.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Same and same.

3. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

One of these things is not like the other...

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'll chime in again... was through there a few years ago and was amazed at the quality of the coverage. It's one of those 100,000-plus cities that is within driving distance of a lot of other major cities. The coverage is pretty good... I did some stringer work for them when one of the D2 football teams advanced to the national semifinals. Good stuff.

If I'm wrong about it, then maybe I won't be getting up todayyyyyyyyyyyyy... hey hey...

5. The Combo Meal

The Combo Meal New Member

Anybody have an idea on this pay for this position?

Draft saved Draft deleted