1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy desk, Pocatello, Idaho

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by I Should Coco, Dec 14, 2011.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

From J-Jobs ... here's the link: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1304972

I can tell you that this is a solid paper in southeast Idaho, an area where -- for better or worse -- there is a heavy LDS presence.

Something tells me some other SportsJournalists.com folks might weigh in on this one ...

EDIT: Note ZagsFan's comments below. Apparently there's been quite a few changes here in the past couple years.

2. Charlie_Hustle

Charlie_Hustle New Member

Gorgeous part of the country if you love outdoors activities. I know nothing of the paper or its management, however.

3. Zagsfan83

Zagsfan83 Member

Three years ago this rag was pretty solid. Not so much anymore.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Am I confusing this one with another Idaho paper, or has there been some Farmington-like turnover here of late?

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I used to work with the ASE, but I do not believe he is there anymore. But I heard he wasn't thrilled with it when he was there.

6. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Former stomping grounds of Jay Heater and poster NightHawk11200 IIRC.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Idaho is a former SE there as well.

8. We had an assistant sports editor? This must have been a while back. We didn't have one while I was there.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Well maybe he was AME? Not sure...Jay Heater, who was mentioned by others. Everything I have heard is 2nd hand though.

10. Jay was sports editor while I was there and for a couple more months after I left. Great guy and a great person to learn from.

Since he departed, the Journal has been working with two people. I hope getting back to a close-to-full staff will help them get back to what we used to do. I really feel bad for the current staff that they've been trying to do a job that four people once did with two.

Draft saved Draft deleted