1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy desk, Pocatello, Idaho

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by I Should Coco, Dec 14, 2011.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

From J-Jobs ... here's the link: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1304972

I can tell you that this is a solid paper in southeast Idaho, an area where -- for better or worse -- there is a heavy LDS presence.

Something tells me some other SportsJournalists.com folks might weigh in on this one ...

EDIT: Note ZagsFan's comments below. Apparently there's been quite a few changes here in the past couple years.
  2. Charlie_Hustle

Charlie_Hustle New Member

Gorgeous part of the country if you love outdoors activities. I know nothing of the paper or its management, however.
  3. Zagsfan83

Zagsfan83 Member

Three years ago this rag was pretty solid. Not so much anymore.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Am I confusing this one with another Idaho paper, or has there been some Farmington-like turnover here of late?
  5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I used to work with the ASE, but I do not believe he is there anymore. But I heard he wasn't thrilled with it when he was there.
  6. dirtybird

dirtybird Active Member

Former stomping grounds of Jay Heater and poster NightHawk11200 IIRC.
  7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Idaho is a former SE there as well.
  8. We had an assistant sports editor? This must have been a while back. We didn't have one while I was there.
  9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Well maybe he was AME? Not sure...Jay Heater, who was mentioned by others. Everything I have heard is 2nd hand though.
  10. Jay was sports editor while I was there and for a couple more months after I left. Great guy and a great person to learn from.

Since he departed, the Journal has been working with two people. I hope getting back to a close-to-full staff will help them get back to what we used to do. I really feel bad for the current staff that they've been trying to do a job that four people once did with two.
Draft saved Draft deleted