1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports columnist - St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Jan 26, 2016.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Candidate will need to produce consistently for the print edition while also helping to keep our website fresh with analysis, interaction with readers and video work. We seek someone who can bring new ideas to the columnist role and who can offer suggestions on how we increase the visibility of our sports commentary on digital platforms. Please send resume, at least five writing samples, links to any online undertakings and at least three references to Sports Editor Roger Hensley by Friday, January 29.

Career Opportunities at Lee

2. jsimp

jsimp Member

What is the email for Roger Hensley where you can send all of the materials to?

3. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

Look it up, future St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist.

4. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

They just hired two columnists to replace Miklasz. I wonder if somebody else decided to leave.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Likely for Joe Strauss. He did columns and wrote stories, but his columns weren't in a Bernie-style vein.

6. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

This is to "replace" Joe Strauss, though there really is no replacing him.

steveu likes this.
  7. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

The deadline has already passed, though.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I put my resume in for shits and giggles. I love the St. Louis area and the Cards (but can be objective about them) and I love the sports scene there. I imagine there's going to be a boatload of applicants. :)

9. jsimp

jsimp Member

Anything new with this one?

10. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. That was sad to learn of his death after Christmas. When I commented earlier, I wasn't thinking of his death and having to fill his former position.

11. GLee

GLee New Member

Filled by Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Jose!

Draft saved Draft deleted