1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports columnist does soap opera...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by fromthebluegrass, Jan 23, 2007.

1. I came across this while looking at a blog: From soapcentral.com

During the storyline, Stephen A. Smith, a sports columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer and an ESPN personality, will appear as a reporter at the Metro Court. Smith is a self-professed GH fan since the age of 5.

"It was a wonderful experience all-around," Smith beams. "Meeting many of the actors on the show - including Steve Burton (Jason) and Greg Vaughan (Lucky) - was very exciting and a dream come true. Let this be a lesson to all the ladies out there: There are men who love the soaps."

So would any of you do a soap opera?

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've been watching As The World Turns on a regular basis since I started working nights in (whoa) 1980.

If I had the opportunity to appear on the show ... I don't think I'd take it.

I'm not the type of person who would go up to Martha Byrne and say, "Lily Snyder, I've loved you since you were a little kid!" But I do identify with the characters more than the actors who play them. And I think I'd lose a lot of that if I got to meet them in real life.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

My Mom has been watching "Days of Our Lives" for about 40 years, so I would appear on that show for her. I think she watches "Passions" (is it still on?), so I would guest on there too. Hell with journalistic integrity. Of course, this issue is highly unlikely to come up.

4. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

this is a D_B: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/36711/ (nobody posted a message on my original thread :'( )

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fittingly, this thread includes an ad for www(dot)truetalent(dot)com, which seems to handle "soap opera casting calls."

And, for the record, I would be delighted to appear on Days and seduce every hot woman in Salem. Simultaneously. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted