1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports co-editor, Le Mars, Iowa

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jbrown1450, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Jbrown1450

Jbrown1450 New Member

From JJobs.com: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=979076

Salary: $20,000 to $25,000

The Le Mars Daily Sentinel, an award-winning five-day-a-week newspaper in northwest Iowa, is seeking a motivated sports co-editor to carry on a tradition of excellent coverage. The ideal candidate will capture the spirit of the game, providing exceptional reporting and photography for the prep sports news for our seven area schools. The position requires a strong ability to juggle multiple assignments and collaborate smoothly with an established co-sports editor to produce a snappy sports section daily. Page design abilities and experience with InDesign are a definite plus. Send a resumé and clips to Editor Magdalene Biesanz, Le Mars Daily Sentinel, 41 First Avenue Northeast, Le Mars, Iowa 51031, or email to dseditor@frontiernet.net

Web site: http://www.lemarssentinel.com

2. It looks like a Rust paper. I've worked for Rust before.

3. thebigd

thebigd Member

well illinois sportsscribe is this a place to stay away from?

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's the ice cream capital of the world. How could you say no?

Well, I could say no since the pay is too low for me to make the move. It's a shame, though, since I have family all over the area.

5. I never had a problem with Rust. They always gave us the resources we needed at my former location. They would basically okay a blank check, but the publisher would be the one that took the budget apart. I would problem not be the best person to answer this question simply because it's a different situation. I don't know what it's like to work there. That begins said, I don't have anything bad to say...besides...when I left they paid me for 24 paid holidays that I was owed.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

co-editor?

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Two (or more) people on salary instead of one = more free hours

Draft saved Draft deleted