1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Business Daily casting a net

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Birdscribe, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I've posted on behalf of these folks before... and one SportsJournalists.commer actually got a gig out of it. FWIW, here's another posting for a growth area of sports reporting.

SportsBusiness Daily Seeks Editorial Staffers
    SportsBusiness Daily is seeking editorial staff members at our Charlotte, NC, headquarters. Qualified candidates will have knowledge of sports and business issues, with equally strong writing and verbal skills. Must also have a solid work ethic and thrive in a team environment. Strong editing and copy-editing skills needed, as well as the ability to work very well under the pressure of a deadline. Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs@sportsbusinessdaily.com.

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I don't know what they pay, but this is a great site.

3. boots

boots New Member

And what do they pay?

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he just said he didn't know what they pay.

5. boots

boots New Member

No you are not wrong. I misread the post.
    If anyone out here has a guess on the salary, it would be appreciated.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Sorry, boots was overwhelmed by the smell of his co-worker and misread the post.

7. Kool-Aid

Kool-Aid Member

This is a great site with lot of cred in sports biz circles. It's the sister pub of the SportsBusiness Journal, which is part of the Street and Smith's family (which purchased Sporting News last year). The negatives are you have to work a brutal schedule. It's definitely not for those who like to sleep in.

Feel free to PM me for more info.

8. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

Looking for any info about this job at all....This is one of my dream jobs (I have my master's degree in sport management) or a step to it - the SBJ.

9. boots

boots New Member

I'd say with all sincerity check with the previous poster. He could shed some light for you. He'll give you the skinny on the gig. Good luck.

10. Any additional thoughts on this?

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

One of my contacts texted me to say that Jon Show is the new denizen of this gig, meaning it's an internal hire.

And to a few of the one's who PMed me about this, I don't know what the pay scale for this is.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Of *this* gig?

Sounded like there was more than one in the ad. Can someone clarify for me?

Draft saved Draft deleted