1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Bloggers in the Press Box

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SMJKeith, May 17, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Forgive me mighty Sue. I was just waking up ;)

2. SMJKeith

SMJKeith New Member

Thanks for all your responses to the question. Here is my post based on your input:

http://sportsmediajournal.com/2007/07/06/who-should-be-allowed-in-the-press-box/

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

3. lono

lono Active Member

Wow, that shows the keen insight of a seventh-grade book report.

4. rascalface

rascalface Member

What's AP style on "fan boy geeks?"

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

one word, uppercased: Huckleberry

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Chris Botta would have to dramatically improve his performance to even sniff incompetence.

Then again, as the media relations guy for both an NHL team and an arena football team, at least he's in a position of no consequence.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Geez BYH,

My dealing with Botta have been excellent.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's because you're a big wig. try being a small fish in the big pond with Botta. I've seen him shit all over good, hard-working people who had the temerity not to work for one of the major dailies or TV stations. Never mind, of course, that the Isles are so irrelevant they are covered by one newspaper and that Botta should be embracing ANY coverage, no matter how minor it is.

Of course, now he'll be painted as the hip happening PR guy b/c he's letting a few Isle fanboy loosers into the press box. I guess he wanted to make it clear he's no Jay Horwitz in training.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Damn, boy, that's harsh. He had something to say in there, and he said it.

10. lono

lono Active Member

Shotty:

True that, but it was weak.

Besides, I'm not a boy. I made 21. [/mannish boy]

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can't agree with you Diabeetus, if you are just doing a few sentences of feature writing on top of your gamer then you need to try harder. It shouldn't be a few sentences and then a bunch of play-by-play. Shit, I try to avoid play-by-play at will in my stories. It is boring to read.

12. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Here is a report from a blogger who was accredited for the Arena Bowl: http://deadspin.com/sports/arena-bowl/the-report-from-the-arena-bowl-284345.php

Draft saved Draft deleted