1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports bars in Buckhead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by accguy, Mar 17, 2009.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

We have a winner.

2. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

God I love the Varsity. It's a must-see when I visit the ATL. Just like the Cafe Du Monde in NOLA.

And Buckhead's bar scene has largely evaporated. It's a function of the village folks not wanting to deal with all of that traffic and the occasional shooting.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Jocks 'N Jills on Peachtree is solid. It's way crowded on GT football gamedays. Not real sure about march madness. The one at CNN Center doesn't have the same ambience, but there are still lots of TVs. Stats on Marietta Street, if you believe the local radio cognoscenti, is gaining in reputation, though I've yet to go there myself.

4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

If you're talking about the Jocks 'N Jills at the corner of Peachtree and 10th, it's closed.

5. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

All the locations except for Galleria are closed. The location at CNN Center is where Dantanna's Downtown is now.

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

STATS is definitely overrated. Good TVs in there and interesting company, but it was $9 for a mixed drink during the ACC Tournament.
    Pass.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I seem to have stumbled into some sort of dive bar in Buckhead once that had it's own basketball goal inside. Sort of like Pop-A-Shot, except regulation size.

I fired up many a drunken jumper that night. I can't recall the name of the place, or the place of the place. So this post is pretty much worthless.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Oh, no. I did wind up in ESPN Zone, too, because, hey, the NCAA tournament was on.

But this was a dimly lit dive somewhere in Buckhead. Probably a college hangout, although it was quite empty on a Tuesday night.

9. the fop

the fop Member

Jocks N Jills closed? Did not know that. I used to like the Three Dollar Cafe in Buckhead, but as I didn't know most J&J's had closed, I don't know if the $3 is still open or still strong.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'd say place a call to Adam Pac Man Jones. He'll know where to go. And if you're lucky, he may make it rain.

Draft saved Draft deleted