1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports bars in Boston

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sirvaliantbrown, Sep 8, 2009.

1. I'm going to want to watch much football and also the US Open final on Sunday in Boston. Any suggestions for me?

Thank you very much.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know of a place where everybody knows your name. :D

3. That's fine and all, but do they show tennis?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can't imagine a sports bar that wouldn't have it on.

5. Yeah, you're right, true. But any recommendations are still appreciated.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Check out Sports Depot in Allston. Good food and booze and TVs everywhere. You go take a piss and you won't be missing a play. It's a real good place to hang out and catch the action. Ain't a bad seat in the house for TV viewing and babe watching. Lot of hotties go there.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I haven't been there -- and hopefully members of the New England chapter of SportsJournalists.com Nation can correct me if this is a bad recommendation -- but what about McGreevey's?

Yeah, I'm partial, because it's owned by Dropkick Murphys singer/guitarist Ken Casey. But it does fit the bill of what you're looking for. Besides, I want another recommendation.

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Sports Depot is friggin fantastic.
    Only problem with Sunday, wherever you go, is football is going to dominate every screen.

Draft saved Draft deleted