1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports and news openings, The Arizona Republic

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by paulbarrett, Nov 22, 2011.

1. paulbarrett

paulbarrett Member

The Arizona Republic is looking for talented journalists to edit stories for print and online, and to post stories to azcentral.com. The ideal candidate has strong word-editing skills, can adapt to changing technologies, makes effective use of SEO strategies and understands how to use key words to make print and online headlines sing. Positions will be open in news and sports, both part-time and full-time. Send inquiries to Nicole Carroll, executive editor, The Arizona Republic, 200 E. Van Buren St., Phoenix, AZ 85004; or via email to nicole.carroll@arizonarepublic.com.

2. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

That is super confusing. I'm still applying, though.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Positions. As in more than one? Nice to hear that for a change. Isn't the Republic one of the design/pagination hubs for Gannett?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Yes. I believe it's handling all West Coast and possibly Mountain time zone Gannett newspapers.

5. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I believe you're right about Mountain. I did an internship at the Coloradoan two summers ago and they were moving that direction, though, at the time, we designed our own pages.

6. ARR

ARR New Member

Phoenix's hub will include Fort Fun, though not initially (been a while, but I believe those jobs are being transferred sometime in 2012/13).

7. thebigd

thebigd Member

Reno's pages are going to Arizona within a month or so, at least that's what I've been told

Draft saved Draft deleted