1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportingNews.com linking to SI.com?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Jan 7, 2012.

1. bjammin180

bjammin180 New Member

Hey Mod...call it whatever you'd like. The AOL FanHouse brand is now with Sporting News. I know a ton of people who got hosed on that. It was still billed as a partnership between Sporting News and AOL regardless of the people who were let go on the AOL side of things.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What it was "billed as" and what it "was" are two completely different things. They can call it what they want. Don't make it so.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Must ... know ...

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not speaking for SF, but my initial thought when he said that was Bleacher Report.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I don't think he's talking about a website to link to. I think he's talking about how hard it is for him to acknowledge one particular change in his thinking about something since getting into online work in 1997.

6. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Maybe it's soccer. Everyone hates soccer.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yup. We've been told for the past couple years to link to other sites, the smart people say it helps with Google and Google News rankings.

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Well, actually, I'm not afraid to say it's much bigger than Bleacher Report. Think big. The biggest. Huge. Ubiquitous. Everywhere.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Ah. Right. That.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Clay Travis' Outkick The Coverage?

I guess it seems strange to me to link directly instead of writing a brief blog post with a link. One way gets you hits, the other gets your competition hits.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

If we're in a hurry and it's big news, we get the link up and then get our bloggers on the case for a post (with proper credit) and then sub it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted