1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sporting News Today: What's the buzz?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shotglass, Sep 16, 2008.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I find much of the stuff I've already read the night before (of course I'm up late, so maybe this product isn't for me). I'll look at the profile fluff piece if the person interests me, but I find I'm done with it in under 5 minutes.

2. FuturaBold

FuturaBold Member

I'm with chicagoguy on this -- I'm blown away and have read it every day since I discovered this a few weeks ago ... yes, there are mistakes but to me they only kill the deal if you're a bad publication to begin with - I'll trade occasional miscues for a nice, clean, crisp, all-encompassing package of stories and notes ...

imagine if you could hitch some local content to this -- wow... sportingnewstoday.com/phoenix or something like that with a locally produced "B" section tailored to your communities ... frankly this has me dreaming of getting off my sinking ship and figuring out a way to produce something similar in my neck of the woods ...

3. Mike Knobler

Mike Knobler New Member

Craig Custance was at The AJC, covering the Atlanta Thrashers. He's a Michigander, knows his pucks, writes beautifully and works and works and works. His piece for SNT on Red Wings madness in Michigan was the best thing I've read in that publication (and I'm an SNT fan).

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

If you're seeing less than one "boo boo" per issue, you're not looking hard enough.

That being said, the "boo boos" don't keep me from reading it every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted