1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sporting News leaves St. Louis

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smasher_Sloan, Feb 29, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

No doubt Charlotte will soon be named America's Best Sports Town.

2. seattleslot

seattleslot New Member

No hires yet that I know of but I know a bunch of people he's talking to. Huge names. Two great editors. And a couple major writers.

3. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Anybody else notice that John Rawlings has had bylines the last couple weeks? And a freelance piece this week by Richard Justice. That staff box is awfully small these days.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

received mine two days ago.

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I didn't want it before I cancelled. Don't want it now.
    Why would sending me a free issue help?
    It's just as forgettable as it ever used to be.
    I never subscribed to ESPN or SI because of the shoe-phone or their cheesy commercials, so your arguments don't hold much weight with me, buddy.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I am trying to figure out why this magazine sucks so bad. I subscribed several months ago because it was dirt cheap. They have great photos, really good story ideas, nice layouts. It's organized well.

I think the writing is lousy. That's what it comes down to.

8. seattleslot

seattleslot New Member

As someone who knows Jeff DA fairly well from three stops ago (him; two stops ago for me), believe me: Those writing knocks are about to change in a big way. Just listen to what people say about the guy

9. KoM

KoM Member

If it does go monthly, I'm hooked up. I recently subscribed at a rate of $19.97 for 104 issues and I'm holding 'em to it whether it's 104 weeks or months!

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Pipeline sez: Jeff has made his first hire, more to come and probably soon. He went to Atlanta for this one.

Paul Kasko, who used to be the sports design director at the AJC and since the reorg has been the online planning editor there.

Draft saved Draft deleted