1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sporting News' Best Sports Cities out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by apseloser, Oct 7, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Nashville ahead of Cleveland for best sports city??? What do you guys got down there besides warmer weather and a half-season of Russell Branyan HRs? The Predators are closer to being foreclosed on than the cheapest home in Slavic Village, and the Titans haven't won anything since they started as the Oilers!!! Vanderbilt wins a few football game and suddenly Nashville is a better sports city than the home of LeBron!!

FUCK YOU, NASHVILLE!!

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Titans: best team in the AFC right now.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This just in... Mickey Matthews does not disagree with Harrisonburg being included.

4. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Houston at 12th is bit too high. They go hard for the Astros, but outside of Atlanta, I can't think of a city with as many fairweather fans as H-Town.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One drink at Tootsie's is better than a night in the Flats... accept that...

6. JackReacher

Didn't the Titans win the AFC title once? I enjoy both cities, but Cleveland is by far a better sports city than Nashville.

7. TheSportsPredictor

More than a decade ago. Might as well talk about the 1950s and 1960s Browns if we're gonna go that route.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. doctorx

doctorx Member

The home of Daytona International Speedway isn't even No. 1 in Volusia County, Fla. DeLand is.

Didn't realize Stetson sports was all that.

9. JackReacher

Just pointing out that the Titans have actually won something.

10. TheSportsPredictor

I'll put the Indians two AL pennants in that same time frame up against the Titans' one Super Bowl appearance! Oh, and we have three major sports teams to Nashville's 1½.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This continues to be a pointless exercise, as it has been every year since the list was started. It could work if they limited to cities with a franchise in at least one of the Big 4 sports. Or maybe if they did a separate list of major college towns (as opposed to places like Atlanta or Nashville which happen to have BCS conference schools.) But what the hell difference does it make for anything below, say No. 150. Towards the end, it seemed to be based on nothing more solid than the vagaries of this summer's Appy League standings.

12. JackReacher

I wasn't trying to debate Cleveland vs. Nashville. I said Cleveland should be ahead of Nashville.

Draft saved Draft deleted