1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sport Reporters Feb 18

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

On location at...the Daytona 500? And to top it off, Bob Ryan was there! Can you imagine the conversation to get him on board this weekend?
    Hey Bob, do you want to do the show this weekend?
    Sure, I mean, I have Jordan's party after the dunk contest but I'm sure after a few Muesilix I can get down to the Thomas and Mack Center.
    Umm, Bob, it's in Daytona. That's Florida.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sorry I missed that. I'd have paid to witness that farce.

3. Cousin Jeffrey

I mean watching him try to act interested in auto racing was something else. I bet he was swearing the whole way on his first class straight shot to Vegas today.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

When I saw they were at Daytona, I was curious who among the regulars would be there. I knew Lupica and Albom wouldn't lower themselves to go down to a NASCAR event.

We need more Angelique Chenglis, less Lupica, on Sundays.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wouldn't blame him a bit.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I could not agree more. This was a much more tolerable SR today, though LeBatard and Ryan found themselves in Daytona and not in Vegas.

I would challenge anyone on next week's SR to rant about Craig Sager's outfit tonight. That is god-awful and putrid. Barney the Dinosaur looks better that Sager did.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Put a bag over your head, Mr. Clean, I love your new sig.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I look at you I think 14 in the side pocket!

I'll tell you what you better understand! Next time you see Old Glory riding up that pole, you better sing that anthem, darling! You're lucky you're a chick, or you'd be nothing but a stain on the road and a crewcut. Our founding fathers went to the mat for you, baby!

Thank Shockey, who cracked a cue ball joke on the Britney head shaving thread.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Comedic gold from Hartman, Sting and Chris Rock as Luther Campbell.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

One of the best skits ever

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You're swimming in my wake!

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I'm really getting tired of LeBatard. And Ryan - when he's up for it - can be a really sui genesis f'wad.

Draft saved Draft deleted