1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Splash WTF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, Mar 19, 2013.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The show is much more watchable than I expected, but the judges are awful.

They seem more interested in the back story than the actual dive and, as Chef wrote, don't give any credit for degree of difficulty.

Hate to see Louie go, but falling into the water from the platform is not a dive, and he did that twice.

I'm with Chef again, let's get a bunch of fatties for a cannonball contest to see who can make the biggest splash.

And WTF happened to Joey Lawrence? He looks nothing like he used to. Whoa!!!

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I vaguely remember Lawrence being bald when he was doing the talk show tours for DWTS. I'm guessing what he has now are either plugs or something...

The show is a lot more watchable than I thought it would be. I keep resisting using the word "good" but for what it is, it's very watchable.

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I was flipping through the channels the other night when I caught this show, or should I say I caught Kathryn Webb on the platform. Holy Overflowing Bathing Suit Batman. . . that girl is gorgeous.

Thankfully, she edged out Louie to stay in the contest. I may tune in again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1535578-katherine-webb-makes-splash-with-latest-celebrity-diving-swimsuit

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They've made no reference to the Alabama QB. I wonder if they're still together. Would it be against NCAA rules for him to go and watch her?

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I caught the first ten minutes of this show the other night. I watched Kareem belly flop into the pool and the crowd went wild like he had performed a spectacular dive. I sort of giggled, but it wasn't enough to make me stick around and watch the next asshole fall into the water.

The only good thing about this show is the fact that Greg Louganis looks great, and I'm happy to see that.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This. I was in love with him before I ever knew what gay was. :D Glad to see him looking so vibrant.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I know I am stating the obvious here but he is also super graceful. In the initial episode they showed Louie Anderson floundering to get out of the water. They showed a guy diving into the water from the pool deck to help him and I remember thinking "Holy Crap, that was a very graceful dive giving that he is jumping in to help save someone".

It was only when I continued watching that I realized it was Louganis.

I think that everyone knows that sports are hard and the great ones make it look easy. Diving strikes me as something that is so ridiculously hard that to make it look easy you really have to be a great athlete.

Draft saved Draft deleted