1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Splash WTF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Is anyone else watching this? I stumbled on it while channel surfing and have greatly enjoyed it. Something about people hitting the water like a ton of bricks appeals to me.

Kareem diving at 65 is actually sort of cool.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch it if I can find it online. The "WTF" factor is what makes me want to watch it.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a show that seems like it should be dubbed into a foreign language, then translated back into English. Just awful - though I thought Ms. Webb's shootout to Musberger was pretty cool. "I'm Katherine Webb and I'm...Brett Musberger's.....point of interest?"

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"Watcha lookin' for down there? Buried treasure?"

"Wanna know what I'm looking for? Boys? I'll tell ya. None of your goddamned business! That's what I'm looking for! Get outta my way!"

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That was great train wreck television...

I'm in.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I thought the thread was about this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBVMUQzbx5k

(NSFW lyrics)

7. Mizzougrad96

It's a strangely watchable show... The first week ratings were quite good, which is especially impressive considering it's on opposite the most popular show on TV (NCIS) and doesn't benefit from a lead-in.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

It's schlocky reality TV/game show nonsense, but it's not people behaving badly. It takes some guts to stand in front of the world in a swim suit or even scuba apparel, never mind doing it from 23 feet or 33 feet above the water. I only watched the first week (via DVR) to see what I presumed would be a Louie Anderson belly flop. But even Kareem came off as humbler than usual. Harmless and unusual enough to be watchable -- though I didn't record the second one.

9. Mizzougrad96

It's strange seeing Kareem act like a relatively nice person, since he's a legendary asshole.

I agree about them not behaving badly, although Kendra Wilkinson (sp?) may have crossed that line a bit yesterday.

Nicole Eggert has not aged well.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A couple of things;

Louganis seems legitimately saddened that the guys are not wearing plum huggers.

My response to watching Eggert and Wilkinson almost break down on the board was the same response when I was 14 and some kid was jumping off the high dive for the first time....."HURRY THE FUCK UP!"

I don't want to watch Suh do a inward dive.....let's see that big bastard do a cannonball or a gainer or something fun.

11. Mizzougrad96

I agree with Louganis that Wilkinson was faking her fear of heights or at least pretending what she was doing was more difficult for her than it actually was.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I watched the first week, and I was disappointed in the actual "diving." I know these people aren't athletes, for the most part, but there was very little to hold my interest other than the lovely Katherine Webb.

Draft saved Draft deleted