1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spitzer's call girl gets a journo job

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ringer, Dec 13, 2009.

1. ringer

ringer Active Member

Call Girl Linked to Spitzer Pens NY Post Column

Published: December 13, 2009

NEW YORK (AP) -- Got a problem with your love life? Ask Ashley.

That would be Ashley Dupre, the former call girl whose tryst with former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer led to his resignation last year.

The New York Post has hired the 24-year-old to write a weekly advice column dealing with sex and relationships.

The column in Sunday's paper is illustrated with photos of Dupre wearing glasses and a conservative suit, along with a half-unbuttoned blouse and 6-inch heels.

One reader asks if she needs to tell her boyfriend how many men she's slept with.

Dupre's answer: ''It's really none of his business (and vice versa).''

A spokesman for the Post did not answer a call seeking comment.

2. Mediator

Mediator Member

Oh, the waves of sadness...

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just shut up and tell us if you were part of the Tiger Tour

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Dear Ashley ...

I am a high school cheerleader. How can I become a successful slut/whore/attention junkie/skank just like you?

Signed, Tiffany

5. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Ah, more support for "traditional values" from the guy who brings you the Fox News Channel. Epic.

6. Mediator

Mediator Member

I read the first column and someone is clearly ghostwriting this. Which is good, but the incurious reader will assume that sleeping with a lot of clients qualifies you to write an advice column with bits of wisdom like: "Guys are so easy to please and I don't just mean sexually."

Help.

7. Where's the poster who was shocked by the Post's anti-Philly content for the first off-day before the World Series?

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, it has been said - with some accuracy, I might add - that men are like tile floors.

Lay us right the first time and you can walk on us for years. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted