1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spitzer's alibi: Humans weren't meant to be monogamous

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ServeItUp, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

A search did not reveal this posted anywhere. Had heard this before but I'd never try to bail out of a relationship because of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080319/sc_livescience/arehumansmeanttobemonogamous

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How about magnanimous?

3. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Such foolishness.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

There's on item on the Post's blog about the Capitals that talks about a picture of the former Guv being shown on the screen when a player was called for hooking. Pretty funny.
    Of course, the writer insulted his audience by saying he wasn't sure how many in the stands got it but it led to some laughter in the press box.
    They probably got it. Not all of them are dumb asses.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

My guess is pretty much everyone over the age of 13 would get that.....

6. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

This is how fried my brain is: I saw this headline and thought: "Spitzer banged Jessica Alba? That S.O.B.!"

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So, when are Eliot and Hef going to start hanging out?

8. Yeah, that'll work.

9. SigR

SigR Member

It's an interesting article. Is monogamy innate in humans, or is it learned behavior? Are we fighting our biological urges or are we fighting our psychological urges?

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I, for one, am fighting every urge I have to sleep with Elliot Spitzer.

11. Be strong, Ragu.
    Seriously, though, isn't "we are not meant to monogamous" right up there with "men have needs" and "I was drunk, honey" as no-hope alibis for adlutery?

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I dunno, Fen. If they could produce some solid evidence showing there's a male genetic predisposition to cheat, I'm snatching that baby up and having it laminated as my "Get out of jail free" card.

Draft saved Draft deleted