1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spitzer free of charges

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You'all think he's going to look to slink under the radar for the rest of his nat'ral life?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Spitzer supports working women. What's wrong with that?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't really care that much, I guess. If he wants to take another shot, God bless him. Count me among those who don't think it's wise to exclude from politics those who have paid for a hooker or 60 in their lives.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

if he had kept it in his pants, given the abuses in the financial sector, he would have been Obama's AG

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

True and unfortunate. A cutthroat prick like Spitzer might have been a good choice to go in and kick a little Wall St. ass.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I believe a Frenchman once said something to the effect of "if we got rid of our presidents for having affairs, we wouldn't have any presidents."

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I didn't see the full AP story. But I do remember the one in the immediate aftermath of the scandal when they it didn't mention he was a Democrat until the 29th graph.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Proof that prayer works.

9. Let's see.
    He's looking into fraudulent practices on Wall Street ignored by a hopelessly politicized DOJ.
    The whistle gets blown on his baroque sex life by a career GOP dirty tricks artist named Roger Stone.
    His public career ends. He comes under federal investigation by said hopelessly politicized DOJ.
    Investigation collapsed. Shortly thereafter, under the weight of said scandals, so do many WS firms.
    Now, after $700M of free money gets handed out to the thieves, the federal charges againt Spitzer -- poof! -- disappear.
    Yeah, right.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Spitzer: "I can make it rain."

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I have heard some conspiracy buffs suggest he was set up.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Even then, I have no sympathy for him. He's a powerful, rich man, and any governor has a target on his/her back -- a governor of his stature, Mr. Steamroller, is gonna have a lot bigger one.

Don't stick it where you shouldn't be, and this wouldn't be an issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted