1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spirit Airlines to charge for a boarding pass

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jun 21, 2011.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I first did it a couple years ago at Madison Square Garden w/Knicks tickets. Bought them off some guy on Craigslist. He emailed me PDFs. I had nowhere to print them out. Was able to have the ticket taker scan them in off my phone. Pretty sweet.

It also worked as proof of insurance when I got pulled over for rolling a stop sign recently. Stupidly didn't have the updated insurance card with me, so I logged into Geico online and called up the policy to show the cop. He accepted it.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They still aren't foolproof. A few weeks ago I was in line at security behind a guy who had an electronic pass but the scanner wouldn't read it because the bar code wasn't completely visible on the screen. They had to send the guy back to the counter to have one printed out.

3. Fortunately, I happen to be among the most relaxed travelers who genuinely enjoys driving. I live in Iowa now and next year, I'm planning to take a vacation to Orlando to see a couple friends from college. The cost of a flight right now would be $255 from my nearest airport. The cost of gas is about $60 higher. I'm still going to drive because doing so would give me the chance to see places like Nashville, Birmingham and Atlanta on the way there and back.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I don't even own a printer anymore. Absolutely no need for one.

Draft saved Draft deleted