1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spineless administrators of our educational institutions, PART 1,202

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Feb 2, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Personally, I think pussy is a very, very positive thing.

I don't understand its use as an insult.

2. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I prefer the term "blossoming love lotus". :D

3. part-timer

part-timer Member

I am an elementary school librarian and we have a policy not allowing movies Rated PG-13 or higher to be shown (and the PGs have to be screened just in case there's something questionable). In this case, there were other movies depicting slavery she could have shown.

4. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Ridiculing the sensitive and weak makes life interesting. And this world could easily go straight to hell before they can inherit it. In fact, I'd prefer it.

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Sooo...I'm guessing Crimson never really got past high school gym class?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm guessing Crimson was a bullying football player in high school, who now makes about $27,000 a year at a podunk paper with a circ of about 14K and longs for the good old days when he ruled the school.

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Eh. I wouldn't go that far, SC. Plenty of overgrown kids at big papers, too.

I just don't get the direction this culture goes. I mean, I was one of the "jocks" at my school, and I therefore saw it as my responsibility to stick up for the weaker types, not make their lives even more of a living hell. What the hell kind of threat do "weaklings" pose to certain people, anyway?

This builds into my theory of how my gender is presently wrestling with issues brought on by emotionally distant fathers, but that's getting waaaayyyy the hell off course.

Like I said...as long as men continue to be scared of weaker people, our culture and society will never advance.

8. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Baseball. And I wasn't good enough to make my high school team. I used the school paper to do my bullying instead.

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Fixed.

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Mock me now, but I terrorized corrupt hall monitors.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Oh, weren't you a real man! We need more mockers of hall monitors in the world. That just makes me all warm and fuzzy.

GACK.

Draft saved Draft deleted